Close in quality to the profound 2007 is the 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Grandes Grenachieres d-Hippolyte. A stunning expression of old vine Grenache, it boasts abundant notes of raspberries, licorice and kirsch intermixed with hints of forest floor and underbrush. With good acidity, precision and freshness as well as a deep, full-bodied, voluptuously textured mouthfeel, this superb example of old vine Grenache should drink well for 15+ years.
95 points | Robert Parker - The Wine Advocate

Chateau Simian Les Grandes Grenachieres d’Hippolyte made its debut with the 2007 vintage. The wine is made from 95% old vine Grenache from vines that are more than 80 years of age. The wine is a blend of 95% Grenache and the remaining 5% comes from various other allowable grape varieties. Yields for this cuvee are always quite low at close to 18 hectoliters per hectare. The grapes are destemmed. Vinification takes place in either concrete tanks or stainless steel vats. The wine is then aged in tank for between 10 to 12 months before bottling. Simian Les Grandes Grenachieres d’Hippolyte is not made year. the wine is only produced in the best vintages.

(SM4410)

Grape Variety Grenache blend
Closure Cork
Bottle Size 750ml
Brand Chateau Simian
SKU SM4410